Revive your drive
If you're looking for more entertainment and assistance during your commute, Kenwood's Excelon DMX709S multimedia receiver may make you want to hit the road more often. Upgrade your smartphone control with your choice of Android Auto™ or Apple CarPlay® and enjoy it on a customizable 6.75" capacitive touchscreen display. You'll also have lots of music choices, thanks to high-res audio playback and cool music service options. Want to stay wireless? Bluetooth® makes it happen for hands-free calling and music streaming. Plus, Kenwood backs up their Excelon Series receivers with a 2-year warranty, and an incredibly shallow chassis makes installation less of a challenge for certain dashes.
The best smartphone integration
Plug in your Android™ or iPhone®, and Kenwood puts Apple CarPlay and Android Auto at your fingertips. You'll get voice control access to your navigation, phone calls, weather, text messages, and all your music. Best of all, the stereo's touchscreen controls behave like your phone's interface, so there's no learning curve. Get more info at www.apple.com/ios/carplay and www.android.com/auto.
Bluetooth for everyone in the car
The DMX709S lets you pair two Bluetooth-equipped phones and quickly switch between them for hands-free calling — an excellent road trip convenience. And when you're streaming music, Kenwood's Music Mix lets you pair five phones so everybody can pick their tunes for an on-the-fly listening session.
A vivid display
These days, vehicle cameras are a must for safer driving, and Kenwood gives you two video inputs for front- and rear-view cameras. Kenwood also provides an electronic angle adjustment for the display, so you can tailor the screen's contrast for the best viewing in your vehicle's dash location. This Kenwood plays video content in bright, clear detail when you're parked. When you're on the road, you can entertain your passengers by plugging in a game console or Blu-ray player to send a movie from the receiver to a rear-seat screen.
More music options
Great news for audiophiles — this receiver supports high-res file playback of music stored on a USB drive. And because you can access apps from the touchscreen display, you can get to a number of streaming music services, like Spotify, Pandora, TIDAL, and Qobuz. If you're looking for radio stations that won't fade away as you leave the city limits, add a SiriusXM tuner (sold separately) to this Kenwood to enjoy satellite radio's extensive programming wherever you may roam. Kenwood also includes a built-in HD Radio tuner so you can enjoy the very best audio quality from local radio stations, plus extra programming choices on second and third channels when available.
This receiver's suite of sound-crafting tools includes a 13-band equalizer, deep crossover settings, and built-in digital time alignment. Bring back the depth and detail for your compressed digital music, such as MP3, WMA, and AAC files, with this receiver's Realistic and Supreme modes. If your car speakers are located down low in the doors, this receiver offers Stage EQ, which adjusts your music's frequencies to virtually "raise" your speakers for better, more natural imaging.
The DMX709S also includes three pairs of 5-volt gold-plated RCA preamp outputs that provide an ultra-clean signal when it's time to add amplifiers to your system. And if you're building a 3-way system, this Excelon receiver gives you that next-level crossover capability directly from the display.
iDatalink Maestro lets you keep your factory extras
The DMX709S offers compatibility you won't find in many other aftermarket radios, thanks to the iDatalink Maestro RR module or Maestro RR2 module (not included). In a wide selection of vehicles, this module lets you keep factory features that you'd otherwise lose when you install a new radio. You'll also be able to check out engine performance data and other vehicle info on the Kenwood's screen, even radar info from a compatible detector. Once you've identified your vehicle, you'll see the iDatalink module offered on the way to the Shopping Cart if it's compatible.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
Smartphone note: If you're going to use your smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for compatibility information.
You'll need a wired connection to your parking brake to access settings and other features on this receiver. Your parking brake must be connected and set in order to view video on its screen.
- digital multimedia player with AM/FM tuner
- plays media loaded with MP3, WMA, and AAC music files (plus high-res WAV and FLAC)
- 6.75" capacitive touchscreen display
- HD Radio tuner built-in
- Waze-ready with Apple CarPlay or Android Auto
- electronic viewing angle display adjustment
- front-panel controls with variable color illumination
- fits double-DIN (4" tall) dash openings
- wired Android Auto compatible
- wired Apple CarPlay compatible
- wired USB mirroring for select Android devices
- built-in Bluetooth with dual phone connection for hands-free calling and music streaming
- display and command of select music, navigation, and other apps with iPhone and Android
- Siri Eyes Free control for select iPhones
- compatible with Google Assistant when using Android Auto
- built-in iPhone and rapid Android charging via USB port
- 13-band graphic EQ
- digital time alignment
- Drive EQ and digital signal processing
- 3-way crossover
- compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
- inputs: rear USB input, front- and rear-camera inputs, rear micro HDMI input, rear analog 3.5 mm A/V input (configurable for a third camera input)
- outputs: rear analog video output (RCA), 6-channel preamp outputs (5-volt front, rear, sub)
- wired connection to parking brake required to access settings and other features on this receiver (the brake must be connected and set for video display)
- built-in amplifier (22 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
- compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
- works with iDatalink Maestro module
- retains factory features in a wide selection of vehicles
- displays engine performance data on touchscreen
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # DMX709S
What's in the box:
Kenwood Excelon DMX709S owner's manual
- Digital multimedia receiver w/ fixed 6.75" touchscreen monitor (10A fuse)
- Sleeve (attached)
- Trim ring
- Wiring harness
- 6.5' Parking brake wire (light green)
- Microphone w/ bracket (attached 10' cable terminated by a right-angle mono 3.5mm connector)
- GPS antenna (attached 11.5' cable terminated by a proprietary connector)
- Self-adhesive pad
- 2 Radio removal tools
- 6 Pan-head ISO-mount screws (M5x8mm)
- 6 Flat-head ISO-mount screws (M5x8mm)
- Quick Start Guide
- Warranty card